My heart is full today, bursting in fact. Bursting with love and happiness and all the good things that come with it. There is something so magical about spending a day, watching two people you love, make promises to love each other forever. I managed to hold back the tears, but watching my best childhood friend walk down the aisle to marry her guy was beautiful. I got the honour of walking down in front of her, in awe of how beautiful she looked. I also got to make their wedding cake, weeks of stressing was instantly forgotten as soon as I saw their faces light up when they saw it. It’s been a magical weekend and my heart is happy.
Packed lunches made, dinner on and breakfast oats soaking, I’m now cosy-ing up and settling down for a snuggly few hours on the sofa. We try to get our food for the next working day all sorted before dinner, so we can chill for a few hours. This weekend I need it. I love making bircher muesli the night before, letting all the goodness soak into the oats overnight. Then, come morning time, we can just grab them out the fridge and eat them, no breakfast faffing. Just tasty, simple, quick breakfasts for us. I love Dorset Cereals bircher muesli. There’s no nasties, just natural ingredients. Their new flavours (raspberry and blackcurrant / almond and honey) are perfect summer flavours and right up my street! Show them some love on their fantastic Instagram! This plum bircher muesli – summer in a bowl, is a new favourite in our morning routine (along with this smoothie of course). Happy hearts and happy bellies you guys.
- 75g / ½ cup Dorset Cereals raspberry & blackcurrant bircher muesli
- 75ml / ⅓ cup organic freshly pressed apple juice + extra 50ml
- 50g dairy free yoghurt (I used vanilla Coyo)
- 2 plums
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar (or raw cane sugar)
- Add the muesli to a bowl, pour the apple juice on top, stir well. Add the yoghurt to the top of the bowl.
- Leave in the fridge overnight.
- In the morning, chop and de-stone the plums.
- Add them to a saucepan with the remaining apple juice, and coconut sugar.
- Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir the yoghurt through the oats.
- Spoon the plum mixture on top of the muesli.
Don’t forget you can catch my daily creations over on my Instagram account!
This post was sponsored by Dorset Cereals. All opinions are my own.